The breakaway skills training course is designed to give delegates the tools to be able to deal with assaults & physical aggression, in a professional and respectful manner. Our training is ethical, safe, up to date and respectful to the client/service user. The methods we teach give staff the confidence to be able to deal with clients in a professional way; whilst having the tools to be able to deal with assaults should they happen. It is important to note that breakaway and methods should only be used when all other means of communication have failed.
- Defence from a variety of wrist and body grabs, holds, punches and kicks
- Quick and safe escapes from strangles and chokes and hugs
- Self-risk assessment: evaluating situation and environment
- The dangers & risks associated with positional asphyxia and excited delirium
- The law: what we can and cannot do: The Criminal Law Act
- The use of reasonable force
The breakaway techniques course is delivered to fit in with the needs of your specific client group. We specialise in staff working with all age ranges from schools to elderly care homes.
Our physical intervention instructors are trained to the highest recognised UK standards and hold current BTEC level 3 instructors certificates. We also hold professional indemnity insurance for teaching physical intervention skills.
All of our physical intervention courses are certificated through Develop From Within. This certification is valid for one year from the date of course completion.